Sycamore time

Author: Bake

Got my chubby butt back out on the bike Sunday afternoon. With temps in the 50's it was time for a ride after playing "coach" for Kiersten's basketball thru the YMCA. We thought she'd have more fun with bball but she didn't enjoy it at all. I think we'll complete the last day next Sunday and then not continue with the next session. We're going to try tumbling/gymnastics somewhere for her. I will say I've have had fun coaching the kids and watching their eyes light up with they make a basket. Kiersten (bless her heart) is more apt to run around the gym kicking the ball like a soccer ball. I just let her go and smile to myself.

Hollered the buddies on Sunday and Jeff Kiel and Sean Perryman made it out for a afternoon of riding Sycamore. We had a great time and ran in to quite a few other riders, runners, hikers and trucks out there.

This is supposed to pass for a bridge. Gotta check with PCCB on doing something about this.

IMG_6215

We explored some trail north of the trailhead (thanks Pete!). It's actually coming to life fairly nicely. I think with a little work we could have a 3/4 mile loop on that end.

IMG_6217

Catching a breather at the 1/2 way point.

IMG_6216

Pictures don't do this justice. This fallen tree is massive.

IMG_6218

In job news my last day with CDS will be Dec 13th. I will be starting a new job with Visiont Consulting Service out of Des Moines. My first contract is with Wells Fargo in West Des Moines. At this point I'm extremely excited and nervous about the change. I've been with CDS for 9 years and this will be a big change for me.

 

1 Response to “Sycamore time”

  1. Pete Basso

    That extra loop is nice, it's really starting to get more and more fun. Good luck with the new job


Leave a Reply